Account & Password
- To insure the safety of transactions conducted over this website, the e-mail address that you provide in your basic information form is used automatically as your website account. Further, the password is a unique set of numbers or letters that you set. For safety, please avoid setting a password that you have used on other websites and change your password regularly.
- You agree to take personal responsibility for your account and password. Alightec shall not accept responsibility for problems / losses due to (but not limited to): revealing or giving your account / password to a third party; using your account / password jointly with others; or failing to log out of the website appropriately. Unless evidence demonstrates illegal usage by a third party, you shall be held fully accountable and liable for all of the activity / transactions that are conducted via the website under your account and password.
- You declare and guarantee that all information submitted in your basic information form is true and complete. You may not use the information of others. Any breach of faith in this regard shall result in the suspension or termination of your account by Alightec.
- If your account has been used improperly or illicitly, you should notify Alightec immediately to limit the extent of your liability / losses. Alightec will suspend the related transactions on your account and prevent further account access and will, after identifying and fixing the source of account usage problems and at your request, help you reset your password.
User Legal Obligations and RepresentationsYou agree not to use website services for any illegal purpose or in any illegal manner. Furthermore, you are obliged to use the website services in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of China, Taiwan and with international norms of Internet usage. Those residing outside of the Republic of China, Taiwan agree to abide by the relevant laws and regulations of their country / region of abode. You also agree and pledge not to use website service to harm the rights of others or to conduct activities that are in violation of the law. Examples include (but are not limited to) the following :
- Publishing or transmitting any text, image, or any other type of file that is defamatory, threatening, a personal attack, lewd, offensive, or false or contains nudity, sexually graphic material, or material that contravenes public decency / good taste.
- Infringing upon the reputation, privacy, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, patent rights, other intellectual property rights, or other rights of this website or of any individual.
- Violating the law or the contractual confidentiality obligations.
- Fraudulently using website services in the name of others.
- Transmitting or spreading computer-borne viruses.
- Engaging in commercial behavior / activities that are not specifically authorized by the website.
- Publishing, transmitting, or sending spam or chain e-mails or unauthorized information / advertising related to multilevel marketing activities.
- Acting improperly or otherwise inappropriately on the site.
Changes to the Service Agreement and the Delivery of e-Newsletter and Electronic Direct Mail (EDM)
- You agree to the scope of services provided via this website and that the website administrator may, without contact or notification, add to, change, or cancel any service or content item on the website in response to business or other practical considerations.
- You agree that the website administrator may increase, change, or cancel activities that were announced via the website and that you will be notified of these revisions in an appropriate manner.
- You agree to receive irregularly issued e-Newsletter and EDM mailings to the e-mail noted in your membership application form. You may cancel your subscription to these mailings by notifying Alightec.
Suspending / Canceling Membership ServicesThe website administrator shall endeavor to use appropriate technologies and methods to maintain normal system and service operations. However, services may be suspended or canceled under any of the following conditions:
- During required maintenance on the website's electronic communications equipment.
- During unanticipated failure of the website's electronic communications equipment.
- Suspension / cancelation of the website's electronic communications service.
- Interruptions in service due to natural disaster or other issue that is not the fault of the website administrator.
Protocols for Online Transactions
- During transactions, you shall abide by website-provided quantity and pricing mechanisms.
- When using website services to order products, the website reserves the right to refuse or cancel a sale prior to issuing an order-confirmation notice. The receipt-of-order notice that is automatically issued to you after an order is placed is not an order-confirmation notice, which will be issued afterward based on the confirmation status of the order in question. Orders for offered products / services that differ from products / services in stock (e.g., in terms of but not limited to specifications, details, image depictions) may be refused.
- Members who have a record of willfully returning purchased items, canceling orders, or other inappropriate behavior may have their right to conduct online transactions suspended, be temporarily barred from home delivery and convenience store drop-off delivery services, or have their membership canceled permanently. If one or more ordered products cannot be shipped as ordered due to stocking or other problems, the website shall notify you via the most convenient manner (typically e-mail, supplemented if necessary by phone / mail / fax).
- You may exercise your rights under the Consumer Protection Act in conducting transactions via website services.
- In addition to website services, information that is provided on product webpages and on webpages related to the ordering / purchase process, including transaction terms, limitations, and descriptive information, is considered to be an integral part of this service contract.
- When you follow the mandated procedures and agree to the required terms and complete the order process, you have de facto submitted an offer and confirmed willingness to purchase the related product(s) / service(s) in accordance with the website service terms and conditions, purchase conditions, and transaction terms and limitations. Furthermore, you are responsible to make relevant changes online to your basic membership data as necessary (e.g., changes of address, telephone number). Mismatched data shall not be accepted as an excuse for declining an order already placed or for refusing payment.
- When using a credit card to complete a transaction, you shall provide the information necessary for Alightec to make the appropriate charge(s). Providing this information is not the same as payment, nor does providing this information complete the transaction or establish a contractual agreement. Alightec reserves the final right to accept or reject all order requests. Prior to acceptance of an order, Alightec shall not accept payment or make a charge(s) against the buyer's credit card.
- You understand and agree that, while Alightec makes every effort to ensure the correctness of all of the information it provides, Alightec in no way explicitly or implicitly guarantees the completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of the information on its various webpages or in its other provided information. In the event of a price discrepancy on a webpage or in related informational material:
- If the published price is higher than the actual price, the charge will reflect the lower actual price;
- If the published price is lower than the actual price, Alightec reserves the right to refuse to accept an order;
- If the specifications, image, description, price, or transaction terms for a product or service are in error, Alightec reserves the right to refuse to accept an order up to and including two days after the order procedure was completed.
- Orders for products or services that are not collected in person or otherwise within 3 days of delivery shall be canceled automatically.
- You and Alightec accept the validity and primacy of electronic communications in all online purchase transaction and transaction-related activities via the website. The Alightec server system keeps an ongoing record of all transaction data that you may access / search after logging on. Please notify Alightec immediately of any discrepancies / errors in transaction data.
Limitations and Exclusions of Responsibility
- All functions of the website service are provided for use in “as is” condition. The website offers no explicit or implicit guarantees regarding the effectiveness, speed, completeness, reliability, safety, or accuracy of these functions.
- The website makes no guarantees regarding the website, server, or domain used to transmit electronic mail or that transmitted content is free of computer viruses or other harmful code. Also, the website does not guarantee that e-mails, files, and other data will be transmitted and stored accurately or that transmission will not be broken or interrupted. Furthermore, the website shall not be liable for damages caused by the e-mail, file, or data transmission errors, failures, or mistakes.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- Software and programs used on this website and all content, including but not limited to authored content, images, files, information, data, website architecture, webpage arrangement, webpage design, are rights that are legally owned by the website or other parties. This includes, but is not limited to, trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, and proprietary technology. No person shall be permitted to use, change, copy, publicly broadcast, alter, distribute, publish, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble said website or content. Those wanting to use or reproduce the aforementioned software, programs, or website content, must obtain prior written consent from the website or the relevant authorized party. Members shall be responsible for respecting and upholding intellectual property rights, which, if violated, shall expose members to liability for related damages (including, but not limited to the costs of litigation and attorney fees).
- You agree to refrain from engaging in behavior that infringes upon the intellectual property rights of others during your use of website services.
- In the event of an infringement, this website reserves the right to suspend some or all services or to cancel the affected accounts.
- If any aspect of the terms of service or section, item, or agreement terms of webpages is declared invalid or incompatible within the context of the contract, said declaration shall not impact the validity of other sections, items, or agreement terms. In the event of said declaration, the broadest allowable legal interpretation shall be used to interpret / amend the sections, items, and agreement terms that remain in effect.
- The decision to exercise or not to exercise rights or claims made on any item or related contractual obligation with regard to website service agreement or its webpages shall not affect the right to exercise or not exercise rights with regard to terms and other conditions set forth in the agreement or relevant webpages.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- All online orders, transactions, and behaviors that you conduct with Alightec as well as all terms of service and contractual obligations stated on any related webpage shall be governed under the laws and regulations of the Republic of China, Taiwan.
- All disputes related to said orders, transactions, and behaviors or related to said terms of service and contractual obligations that involve litigation shall, unless otherwise mandated by law, shall use the Taiwan Taipei District Court as the court of first instance.
- Alightec places great importance on your privacy and on the integrity of your data. We provide this detailed description so that you understand why we ask for and how we use data that you provide. Please contact us regarding any related questions using the contact information provided on the website.
- You are responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and current validity of all of your information during the purchase process in order to complete transactions and receive appropriate customer service, which includes but is not limited to: payment, delivery, and the provision of information on products and services.
- The following explains Alightec's policies that relate to the collection and use of your personal information. When accessing certain services or functions via the website, we will ask that you provide your relevant personal details. These services and functions include:
- Applying for an EDAS online account;
- Registering a product;
- Contacting Alightec or customer service; and
- Making an online purchase.
- Duration of Use, Area of Use, Parties, and Methods :
- Duration of Use：Data will be retained until a request for removal is submitted by the party who provided the data or until the website ceases service operations.
- Area of Use : Your personal details will be used in Taiwan only.
- Apart from search and retrieval functions for membership and customer management, personal data may be used to confirm identity and for cash flow and logistics services as well as for marketing purposes, as follows :
- Member information shall be displayed automatically when said member is using website services.
- Transaction execution: When members reserve, order, or purchase products / services ; participate in promotional or incentive activities; or engage in other relevant transactions. Activities related to product delivery, the provision of services, payment, responding to customer inquiries, website communications with members, aftersales service, and other transaction-related activities.
- Advertising and Marketing: e-Newsletter and other electronic-media-based information provided to members as well as customer-service-related e-mails, postal mailings, and telephone contacts.
- Responses to Customer Inquiries: Responses made to customer inquiries that are provided by e-mail, postal mailings, fax, telephone, or other direct or indirect medium.
- Other items related to the normal course of business: Other uses of information that are deemed necessary in the course of fulfilling the above purposes.
Information provided to third-party service providers: The website may provide the relevant personal information of its members to third-party service providers as a normal course of providing service-provider products or services to said members, including reservations, ordering, purchasing, participation in promotional activities or incentive programs, or applying for other types of transactions. Said third-party service providers shall bear full responsibility for managing said personal information. Although the website shall use contractual obligations to supervise the appropriate protection of the privacy of its members' information by third-party service providers, the website cannot guarantee compliance. Please contact the relevant third-party service providers for inquiries regarding their related privacy policies.
Other : Members' personal information may also be separately used in the course of providing individualized customer services. Details on the scope and use of said information shall be noted on the relevant individualized customer service webpages.Member rights to their personal information: The Personal Information Protection Act (ROC) affords the following rights to the party whose personal information has been collected and stored by the website :
- Searching and reading his / her personal information;
- Requesting a copy of his / her personal information;
- Requesting that his / her personal information be amended or updated;
- Requesting the cessation of collecting, managing, and/or using his / her personal information; and
- Requesting the deletion of his / her personal information.
The website is bound to act in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act (ROC) with regard to the collection and use of your personal information. We shall take appropriate measures to protect the safety of your personal information and prevent illicit use and access. The personal information that you submit is provided to the Alightec Corporation (including its Taiwan and overseas operations) only and shall not be shared with a third party or used for unrelated purposes without your expressed permission. Furthermore, we use a secure socket layer (SSL) protocol to insure the security of all of your data.However, any of the following circumstances shall give Alightec the right to review your information, to provide your information to other authorized parties, or to provide your information as evidence in support of a violation-of-rights claim :
- In accordance with relevant legal requirements or an order of the court or other authorized agency;
- In order to complete a transaction, provide customer service, handle a submitted claim, or execute a contractual obligation or in response to your violation of a contractual obligation;
- In order to maintain the normal operations and security of company systems;
- In order to uphold the legal rights of the Alightec, other system users, and / or third parties.
- Alightec shall handle all matters related to applications for access to your personal information in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act (ROC).